What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone edit a picture for me?

K_Flemming

Hello, my little nephew had a photoshooting dressed as Aladdin. We didn't have a magic carpet so we used a blanket. It really bothers me now and I would love it to be the magic carpet.

Is anybody able to edit the picture? I made my nephew black because I don't want him to be online. Also i would like if the image size would stay as it is. Its quite big.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is the pic of my nephew and one of aladdins carpet:

http://birdload.com/45b4f321855bf8ff

http://i.cubeupload.com/uQYUAj.jpg

I can insert the cutout part later. I know a bit about editing. Just not how to realistically replace a blanket with a carpet.

Tom Mann

Guru
Three thoughts:

1. You realize, don't you, that the "rug" you supplied is not a photo of a rug, but a graphic. So, it has absolutely no texture, no creases or wrinkles, artificially flat, unrealistically uniform illumination compared to the photo, etc. In other words, it's too perfect, and if we put it under the baby, it's going to painfully obvious that the result is a fake done in PS. And -- I just noticed that the resolution of the magic carpet is vastly lower than that of the photo, so there's another mismatch.

The best fix would be for either you or us to try to try to find a high rez photo of a suitable rug instead of the graphic that you suggested. Another possibility would be for someone to try to make this graphic look more like a photo. That's difficult for even an expert to get to look correct, and time consuming.

2. This is no big deal from our POV, but to save you some work, I really don't think you needed to black him out. It's almost impossible to distinguish one baby of that age from the zillion similar looking other infants out there, LOL. Obviously, your call, tho.

3. If you have a basic working knowledge of Photoshop, would it help you if we simply supplied you with a mask, and/or a cutout of the baby on a transparent background, and then you could put him on whatever background you wanted yourself?

All the best and congrats on the new addition to your family!

Tom M

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Attached is a quick PNG cutout of the baby with a transparent background. Maybe it will be helpful when you are trying various backgrounds. BTW, to make it easier to work with this image on this forum, I down-rez'ed it to 3450 px high. Otherwise, the forum software would reject this and any future images simply based on their pixel dimensions.

Also, one final question: Is the baby really that bright orange color (eg, a high level of bilirubin), or hopefully it's just a photography / lighting issue? If it's the latter, it's certainly something that could probably be fixed in PS should you want this.

Cheers,

Tom M

Attachments

• IMG_7606-19-tjm01-ps02b_transparent_bkgnd_thin_frame-3450px_hi-01.png
    IMG_7606-19-tjm01-ps02b_transparent_bkgnd_thin_frame-3450px_hi-01.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4

Argos

Guru
Nice work colleague!! a little blur on the edges like the original i think it will help.

Cheers!

K_Flemming

Oh man.. thank you sooo much.. I love it!
As someone said - i was a bit afraid that it would look too fake.. but you really did an amazing job! Thank you :)

Another thing I forgot to ask in my first post is to add tassels as the original carpet has them at the corners.
They are a bit golden like the rest of the carpet, though on the carpet that is now under the baby it isn't too golden.
Like this
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/89/c5/6a/89c56a838a08efc0ae41572648d16976.jpg

Here is a tassel
http://www.xn--schner-leben-shop-1zb.de/images/produkte/i12/12519-4052612006273.jpg

Maybe someone could help me out again.

Last edited:

Arrrgh

Nice work guys! so I'm guessing OP has enough skill to remove the blacked out baby parts she initially added?

K_Flemming

Thank you to everyone who helped editing the picture. I love it.

Yes, I can add the cropped out part. But thats about as much I can work with photoshop.

I can't download the original sized picture with the added tassels on my phone . Have to try it later on my computer.

My nephew has another shooting in a few weeks.. I'm planning on getting him into a peter pan costume. I'm sure I need some of your amazing skills again. :D