What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please restore this photo

remayne

Dear Members,
could somebody please restore my only photo about my great-grandfather? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20170220_0002.jpg
    IMG_20170220_0002.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 8

Argos

Guru
I know the op is happy but i couldn't stop... and practice (got obsessed) with the shaperning / noise reduction, one of my weakness XD. This is the result, i'm blind now so i cant tell if it's and improvement or it's overdone.....

Grandpafin.jpg

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
Looking good there Argos, think you have done a very fine job indeed.

You mentioned your eyes going funny....does that happen a lot??? Reason asking is mine start to play tricks on me after a long edit and I start seeing crazy color halo's and colors that's not there and have to take a break. Retina screens are good but they do play havoc with my eyes. So I take it that's pretty normal???

Argos

Guru
Looking good there Argos, think you have done a very fine job indeed.

You mentioned your eyes going funny....does that happen a lot??? Reason asking is mine start to play tricks on me after a long edit and I start seeing crazy color halo's and colors that's not there and have to take a break. Retina screens are good but they do play havoc with my eyes. So I take it that's pretty normal???

My problem and i thinks most of the people is that what you look at one image for hours, you get just to it and you can spot the mistakes but when you see it the next day with fresh eyes/main it's really bad XD. Dont know how explain in english XD.
For exemple with my yesterday pratice now i can see that i like the noise reduction on the cloths and background but the skin is another world and i see it to blury now, the guy lost some personality/strenght.

But it was a good practice :cheesygrin:.

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For exemple with my yesterday pratice now i can see that i like the noise reduction on the cloths and background but the skin is another world and i see it to blury now, the guy lost some personality/strenght.
I agree.

Sometimes it's best to just step away form the work and take a break. Then come back later with fresh eyes.