What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing Base Request

Hey,I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me out with a small issue I've had for a couple weeks now. For my friend's birthday I'd like to surprise her with a drawing, but I want a picture of her to use as a base.
This is the original photo:

base.jpg

My aim is to get a closeup of her face resting on her hand and propped up by her elbow - I tried to at least give it a shot but I have little experience with Photoshop and, as shown below, it came out horribly :')

template.jpg

I've included my attempt to act as a rough guidance as to what I'm looking for, it doesn't even have to be her own arm as long as it looks like it is and the pose looks somewhat realistic; in other words, I'm perfectly fine with having an arm taken from another photo and placed in this one then having the skin tone and proportions altered to match her actual arm if that's easier. The desired result is something that looks a bit like this:

iseek_goal_setting.jpg

but with the hand on her left, or this:

ling-to-camera-with-cheek-resting-on-hand-50053126.jpg

If it isn't too much of a hassle I'd also like the white strip on her shirt to be removed so that her shirt is all one colour please.

Apologies for the poor resolution, best of luck and I hope to hear from you soon!

Attachments

• base.jpg
    base.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 15
  • template.jpg
    template.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Anyone had any luck so far or attempted it? Am I doing something wrong? Any sort of update would be hugely appreciated ^_^

Argos

Guru
Hi, i have to say i think the lack of attemtps it's because the project is just a little crazy (maybe i'm wrong XD), wrong perspective, quality diference, search for and image that adapt it's almost impossible.....etcetcetc

That being said i tried with the two image you posted anyway :biglaff:, just for fun.. knowing that it not look decent for sure. But in case is usefull here it is.

base6.jpg

Cheers!

Yeah I figured I wouldnt get many replies considering the nature of my request xD
I greatly appreciate that you gave it a try although I meant for the arm to be moved to the original photo instead of her face moving across to the example photos, I apologise for the misunderstanding or lack of clarity :)

Is there a way I could improve this thread to make it easier for users to help out? it's now been just under 3 months since I first started looking for help with this - on Discord guilds, reddit, other forums, emailing big companies, and now here - so I just feel kinda disheartened now :c

Argos

Guru
Sorry i forgot! sorry i didnt understood what you want it last time, my inglish it's not very good :cheesygrin:, i just made a fast try now to make sure this is what you want this time :biglaff:.

Something like this?

base (12).jpg

Sorry i forgot! sorry i didnt understood what you want it last time, my inglish it's not very good :cheesygrin:, i just made a fast try now to make sure this is what you want this time :biglaff:.

Something like this?

View attachment 72257
Yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! :cheesygrin:
Is it possible for the arm to look a bit less thin/more realistic though? ^_^

Argos

Guru
In this case is less crazy/difficult than i thoth, right now dont have time but i made a try later :thumbsup:.

Cheers!

Argos

Guru
Well, i tried to adjust a little the posture and reconstruct her own hand to a more logic postition.

This is my try.

basef8.jpg basef7.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Well, i tried to adjust a little the posture and reconstruct her own hand to a more logic postition.

This is my try.

View attachment 72271 View attachment 72272

Cheers!
wow, that's amazing! thanks so much! I'm happy to take this photo as the final product but if it isnt too much of a hassle would it be possible to just edit two very minor details? The first one is for her fingertips to be moved slightly upwards so that they're a bit longer; The second one is that, as requested in my original post, I also need the white strip on her shirt to be filled in so that its the same as the rest of the shirt. Kind regards ^-^