What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone do a double exposure effect for these pics?

sansancheng

IMG_6471.JPGIMG_6432.JPGIMG_6187.JPG
Is it possible to run a fire overlay or background with these images, as a double exposure effect? Thanks y'all!

Tom Mann

Guru
There are many different types of double exposure effect. Please find an example of one you like and post a link to it. Same for the fire effect you mentioned.

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
Great! Thank you. I'm sure some one will be along to help you shortly.

Tom M

PS - FWIW, The effect in the examnples wasn't at all what I initially envisioned when you said, "double exposure". That's why it's always good to be very specific / give examples / etc.

bbq_bob

I suspect this one is just for me as I am moving farther away from the calm ethereal look of the examples.
IMG_6471bbq2.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

If you notice, almost all "double exposure" effects done with Photoshop are done on photos with light or white backgrounds.

Of course we could remove the backgrounds of the images you provided but with the lighting and backlighting, I'm afraid it would not look very good. Maybe someone will try it.

Here's a quick version I did using a beach sunset where I incorporated the sun into the stage light by her cheek.

DoubleExposure_05.jpg