What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you repair this photo for a funeral?

Bendrumin

My grandma passed yesterday and I have a photo of her and my grandpa (who has also passed) and it is damaged. Can anyone repair it?

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 13

bbq_bob

I'm very sorry for your loss. It is has been a number of years since my grandparents passed, and I still miss them time to time.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm also very sorry for your loss.
@Bendrumin Be patient, there are many members here who are really great at photo restoration.

I'm trying to work on the photo myself but I'm very slow. Here's a peek.
Bear in mind it's a work in progress and no where near done.
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 6.06.18 PM.png

bbq_bob

Here is what I was rapidly able to accomplish. I'm not very satisfied with it, but it is all that I have time for now in case no one else returns to this in time.
grandparents bbq3.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, this is what I have so far. I'm not at all happy with the color but it's what I could come up with in a limited amount of time.

Everyone is invited to try and help the colors out. If you want and earlier version with the clean up and without the color adjustments, let me know.

That blown out highlight is a bear!

GrandparentsRestoration_003.1.jpg