What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Bra Showing / Shadow

TigerAC3

Could someone please remove the bra/shadow showing or extend the dress line in this photo?

Thank you!

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

TigerAC3

Whoops, great job removing the strap. However, I'm referring to the black bra showing from the side of the dress and a slight shadow.

Thank you!

MrToM

Guru
Yeah.....as soon as I hit the 'submit' button the penny dropped...do you want those straps removed or just the bra?

Its early......thats my excuse.

Regards.
MrToM.

TigerAC3

Thanks MrToM, my fiance approves. I spent a while trying to fix it and definitely doesn't look that good.

TigerAC3

I got them both saved. See that you removed more of the shadow in the second one. Looks great, thank you. Out of curiosity, what tool did you use?

I was trying with the spot healing brush, healing brush, patch, and content aware move. Some looked okay, but nothing like yours. Can't say I have much experience though.

MrToM

Guru
...I got them both saved...
:thumbsup:

...See that you removed more of the shadow in the second one. Looks great, thank you...
Yeah.....the more I looked at it the more annoying it became...so it had to go.

... Out of curiosity, what tool did you use?...
At first I copied some of the dress and laid it over the offending part with blend mode set to 'Lighten', but it became apparent that this wasn't actually necessary.

I needlessly kept it in since I'd started but the main tool, and only tool, used was the 'Smudge' tool @~33% opacity.

Being greyscale means that to lighten something you can just 'smudge' lighter pixels into the darker ones. With careful brushwork it didn't take long...well, you've seen how long It took me to do 3 different versions...DOH! :rofl:

Normally for something like this I would have done as yourself and used 'Clone' and 'Healing' but it was just far easier to just smudge it....you can get into all the finer detail without affecting how the result looks, unlike 'clone' or 'healing'.

Sometimes the simplest of techniques just work really good.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
It means:

Go ahead.
Without restriction.
By all means.
Do what ya wanna.

informal
Have as much of something as one wants; do something to the full.

In other words, no, I don't mind. :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

Pipsmom

Guru
If you really want to throw him Mr Tom tell him " Bobs Your Uncle" sometimes....he'll scratch his head wondering who your talking about since Bob isn't his uncle :biglaff:

World wide language Word Play as I call it, cracks me up

MrToM

Guru
...If you really want to throw him MrToM...
Well the intention was never to pull the wool over his eyes.

Its a common phrase in the UK, and he's only a stones throw away so I was kind of surprised he hadn't heard it before.

Knock yourself out Ged!

Regards.
MrToM.

Pipsmom

Guru
:biglaff:I've actually seen people's reactions when they really do have a Bob as a uncle...The confusion of what Uncle Bob they know has to do with the topic they are discussion is hilarious.