What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help turning frowning relatives in to somewhat happy group

alkinet

Hi all,

This is a photo of my wife's family in Greece. (My mother in law is the youngest daughter in front.) I tried various (albeit extremely novice) techniques to try and bring a little happiness to the group. Impossible for me to pull it off. That much more difficult as this is a very old image and small file size. If this is too difficult or not interesting, no worries at all. Thanks for your consideration.

Attachments

• Smiling Karimbakas Kids.jpg
    Smiling Karimbakas Kids.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4

fredfish

Guru
I suspect in a situation like this less is more. So I have very subtly applied a slight smile to each person (as well as very slightly tweaking the eyes). Very much more and it looks very fake (IMHO). However if you want more I can apply more.

This is - as I am sure you know - very typical of this type of photo.

Untitled-1.jpg

Cheers

John

alkinet

Thank you so much for taking time to work on this. Your comments were also very helpful. Many times, less is more. Otherwise, it turns out looking like a family of Joker's from Batman. I know this from trying myself.

Cheers & thanks again.

Jonathan