What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: How to remove Clouds in a gradient sky?

Nickkettt

Hi, I wandering If you can orientate how I can remove this clouds . With Patch, Fill with Content-aware, healing brush , doesn't work correctly.

Any advice, tip in how I can remove this clouds that in my composition , appear the Clouds are more importan than the skyline. So I want to remove it.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.05.46 AM.png

Nickkettt

Hi MrTom, Thank you for your quick answer. What your process that you did in the picture, and what your configuration in the settings was. And this picture I need to print in a huge size, so I need to be the more realistic possible.

MrToM

Guru
..Thank you for your quick answer...
No worries.

...What your process that you did in the picture, and what your configuration in the settings was...
First, I used the Lasso tool to create a marquee around the cloud...

skyline_MT_01.jpg

I then right click inside the marquee, select Fill and set the options as below...

skyline_MT_02.jpg

This should do most of the heavy lifting...

skyline_MT_03.jpg

Then its just a case of using the Healing Brush tool and Clone Stamp to clean it up as you see in my previous image.

...And this picture I need to print in a huge size, so I need to be the more realistic possible.
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here.

Regards.
MrToM.

Nickkettt

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here.

Regards.
MrToM.

Sorry for my English.
I will try to explain myself.

When I remove the clouds, if I could, I will print it 6ft wide. That the reason that I need to be almost perfect, because in that size of print all the imperfections will be notice.

Thank you again for your answer.

Argos

Guru
I think the tools mentioned are the correct one's, in my opinion you have the remove the clouds with cloning tool crefully then you recreate the gradiant with the patch tool.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.052.jpg

Cheers!

fredfish

Guru
Just a thought but I tried a slightly different approach. Rather than clone and patch I created a 7 point gradient using the colours from the original image. I selected the upper part of the screen (not particularly well and the blue rings are clearly a problem) and promoted this to a new layer. Then I selected this layer (Ctrl click on the layer thumbnail) and applied the gradient to the selection. I then created a layer mask on this layer and used a large very soft round brush with the flow set to about 2 - 3 % and painted in the join between the clouds and the sky to blend it in better.

I did it this way to try to ensure that the gradient is as smooth as possible.

Just another approach (which could be applied much better on the original image (IMHO)

Untitled-3.jpg

Cheers

John