What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone change the background for me? Any help would be appreciated.

charlesv

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me replace the background and change it with something else? I tried doing it myself but Photoshop is too hard for me.Maybe just remove the background (vehicles) so its only me in the picture or make the background blurred so I will be the only one shown or being focused in the picture. Thank guys

Attachments

• IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

fredfish

Guru
Here is one with the background blurred.

scooter 3.jpg

In your welcome post you said you were here to learn more about PS so here is a quick rundown. MODS if this is inappropriate here please let me know.

I made a selection of the main person and scooter using the pen tool.
I converted this into a selection
I promoted this to a new layer
I converted the background to a smart object
I added a Gausian blur to the background
I added a foreground to background gradient on the filter mask to create the effect that the background is gradually blurring.

If I was spending more time on this I would pay better attention to the hair (which I can do for you if you want)

If you want to play around with this a bit here is the .psd file (too big to upload here so hence the dropbox link).
If you look in the paths tab (next to the Layers tab) you will see the paths created.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hujw1saogja8unr/scooter 3.psd?dl=0

You could take the top layer and drop it on any background you want.

Please ask questions if you want clarification on anything.

Cheers

John

Last edited: