What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop request: remove extrange color from picture

eululu

Hello!
I have downloaded this free photo.
giralda_tower.jpg
I want to use it in a brochure, but I realized that there are some weird grey lines in front of the tower. Can you remove them? I'd highly appreciate it.
Thanks!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
JJLAPIN

Did you used color range?
I was about to upload my version but you beat me to it...so I deleted mine...:cheesygrin:

fredfish

Guru
I see what you mean.

First of all I thought it was some sort of watermark as it looks so uniform - but looking closer I think (and I am no expert) that the marks are as the result of the removal of some sort of clinging plant (such as Ivy).

BTW the version you posted is only 465 x 700 pixels. That is probably not going to be a big enough image to use effectively on the front of a brochure. By using tineye reverse image search ( https://www.tineye.com/ ) I found a site where you can download the same image at 2000 x 3008 (might even be where you got it from in the first place). The image is here https://pixabay.com/th/เซบีญ่า-อันดาลูเซี-เซบียา-974242/ .

You have to register but it is free.

Cheers

John

*EDIT Post crossed - JJLAPIN that is amazing. Well done.

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey John, I was at first thinking about a moire effect due to the regular pattern of the bricks but the grey pattern wasn't regular, so probably no moire.
I used color range to correct it but JJLAPIN beat me to it...
And as you stated, a bigger free one is available.

Edit: John, that one has the grey pattern on too!

Last edited:

eululu

Hi! I actually got the picture from that page. I thought the picture I uploaded in the thread was 2000x3008 but I might be wrong. I will check it out, thanks!

fredfish

Guru
"Hi! I actually got the picture from that page. I thought the picture I uploaded in the thread was 2000x3008 but I might be wrong. I will check it out, thanks!"

No I think you might be right as the image that @JJLAPIN posted was at 2000 x 3008. It is possible that when I copied it into PS I didn't expand to the full image first - so probably my fault :rolleyes:.

Cheers

John

thebestcpu

Guru
The pattern on the bell tower is Moiré due to the brick pattern relative to the relatively low resolution of the Nikon D40 with which the image was taken.

The color brush with the layer set to Color Blend is an excellent cure. There still is a little bit of luminosity striation left over that would be easy to overlook so additional correction is optional for this image.

To get rid of that as well there is a technique I documented in the following video: https://vimeo.com/23508129

Following is the image using that technique on just the area of bricks that had the Moiré:

View attachment 74332

Here is a GIF animation that shows the difference with and without correcting for the luminosity portion of the Moiré. Subtle yet it is there. Just another option and again, there are some images with Moiré where fixing the luminosity part is not so subtle.

giralda_tower-animation.gif

Hope the extra info is of some value.

John Wheeler

Last edited: