What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help! Need to transparently Erase.

Variation069

Hi, guys! Good day! I need your help! I have a logo attached in this thread and there is a white stroke part in that logo need to transparently remove. but if I'll do that, the result will damage my logo with pixelated quality. Is it okay you guys help me to remove this white part? Thanks! It really helps!

Attachments

• Cruise Logo Raw.psd
    3.4 MB · Views: 6

Variation069

It is! I want to remove all the white part of the wheel one and also the background of it which is the anchor also remove the part where the color white of the wheel is. :)

Variation069

Sweet! Thanks for the help Mr. Eggy! But I want to learn how you erase it in a clean way. is it okay if you will teach me? again, thank you very much!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In this case I used the 'magic Eraser Tool'.

This method is best used when there's a crisp separation between the color to remove and the other colors.

If you want to remove only a part tick Contiguous.

If you want to remove all that specific color untick Contiguous.

Set the tolerance somewhere between 32 and 64.

Untitled-2.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Can you post an example of it with the used settings?

thebestcpu

Guru
I wanted to point out that there is another approach to consider that might bypass the pixelation (which might be as simple as anti-alias not being turned on)

Since you have provided the PSD file, here is an approach that you can take

- Turn off the Final 2 Layer and turn on and expand the Raw 2 group
- Turn the Background Layer into a Regular Layer and turn off its visibility
- On the compass Layer, convert the Layers effects to Layers by right click int he Layer panel panel on the Layers effect icon and choose "Create Layers"
- One of the Layers created is the "Compass's Outer Stroke". Highlight this Layer and turn the transparency into a Layer Mask with Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency
- With that mask selected, use Cmd + I (Ctrl + I for PCs) to invert the mask
- Drag that mask down to the Anchor Layer
- Turn off visibility of Compass's Outer Stroke Layer

I think this achieves your objective. No selections required as the masking was achieved with already existing information from the stroke of the Layer Effects

Hope this alternate approach is worth considering

John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 10.05.43 AM.png