What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please improve the clarity of photos

navyasree

These pictures are to be sent for paper publication but due to some lack of data i was not able to get original pictures of same. They are colored but dull and blurred as what I want are sharp and clear pictures. I kindly request you to transform this colored blurr graphs to black and white, sharp and clear graphs, which can be sent for good journal.
Thank you so much.
chromatogram.jpgvoltagraph.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Those pictures are tiny and it is not possible to 'make them sharp and clear' not in a way to publish them in any book format.
A JPG image consists of blocks of color, pixels.

Untitled-1.jpg

The resolution of these pictures is very low as you can see and there's no such 'program' that can make them crisp and sharp (I hate shows like CSI ect because they are working backwards to 'enhance' fuzzy pictures)
It is possible to enlarge them and even to reduce a bit the blocks but it will not be possible to make them crisp and sharp.

Is this the best size you have?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
There is a way and that's starting from scratch using a graphic vector program like Illustrator or CorelDraw.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Navyasree

Very generous of Eggy and JJLAPIN to recreate the graphs in vector form.

Unfortunate that the data was lost or unavailable. If by chance these graphs were ever put in any publication, they most likely were put in vector format possibly in a PDF wrapper (most publications want vector and not raster images). If it was ever published, the good news is, the article(s) are likely by download as PDF and from there, the vector graphics can be extracted and then available for reuse.

This happens all the time for thesis and/or technical publications work if graphs from someone else's work (or even you own) and you need to use that in your own publication (of course with credit given if it was someone else's work).

Just another angle to consider if you find yourself in this position again.

John Wheeler