What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my picture for a job application

psicryptor

Hi Guys

I'm new here!

I read about the good work you do and was hoping you could help me as well.

Attached is a photo of me - I was wondering if you could straighten the image a bit and remove the door from the background.

I need this photo for a job interview and instead of using a plain mugshot, would like to use this picture from a wedding (sorry about the resolution).

IMG_2145.JPG

Many thanks in advance!!
Rahul.

Argos

Guru
My advice take or look for another picture, a low resolution, black&white and with a smoking picture i think it's not the best for a job interwiew, it's a bit weird being honest.

GreenManiac

Hi psycryptor

I gave it a plain white background and cropped the image a little bit.
I am not sure how you want it to be straitened. You are standing at a natural pose.

IMG_2145_01.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Here is my try. I agree if you can get a better original would be best and maybe in color too yet if that is not an option for you, here is one where I took out the door, tried my best at sharpening, and a little dodging to lighten up around your eyes. Also create a new background and straightened you out per your request.

Hope this is helpfull

John Wheeler

Rahul-adj.jpg

psicryptor

My advice take or look for another picture, a low resolution, black&white and with a smoking picture i think it's not the best for a job interwiew, it's a bit weird being honest.

Yeah, Argos, I wish i had a better picture. It's actually a very deep zoom of a larger picture - some more amateur filters from Picasa have made it all the more distorted. Will only be using it as a small image in the CV - I'm submitting a proper headshot anyways so this is just a little fluff in the boring 'ol CV. Thanks!!