What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP with Creating a Mock Image on a tapered mug!

daveefarr

Hi guys,

I need some help! Attached is a Photo of a Beer Stein. I've been trying to Add an image to wrap around it as a Mock Up but due to the conical design I'm having a bit of a nightmare. Can anyone help? I need it for a Product Shot for a website so it'd also be good to be able to easily update/change the image wrapped around the mug if possible.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• glass-beer-mug.png
    glass-beer-mug.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 03B70215.jpg
    03B70215.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Tony Bowman

Hi, I've had a go. As you say, it's tricky because you need to wrap around an object with an ever decreasing view. I tried a couple of times to warp and this was the best I came up with. In terms of replacing the image, if you place it in a group and have your layer mask group's folder instead of the image layer, you can simply replace the picture layer in the group with the new one. Un-link your layer mask from the group folder (click the paperclip icon between layer and mask) to move and position the image without moving the layer mask. All you have to do then is transform/warp it and then save your new image. It is possible to record a transform/warp as an action, but even so, you might need to make further adjustments depending on each image. This particular one isn't so bad because very little hard colours touch the edges of the jug, which helps.

glass-beer-mug2.png

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Another way would be to use the 3D feature in PS.
I'll give it a try tomorrow.