What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy Photo Request

pink-y

Hi, this is my first request.

I need to remove the big "preview" watermark in the center and the small one on the top, im making this request because this is for a gift to my girlfriend.

Attachments

• thenightsky-io.png
    thenightsky-io.png
    561.7 KB · Views: 14

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work John, how did you do it?

Here's mine.
RemovedPreviewText_01.png

Here's how I did it.

Made a selection.
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.17.21 AM.png

Used a Curves adjustment layer to remove the watermark.
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.17.38 AM.png

Sampled the color of the poster, added a color overlay layer using the selected color and the same selection, then set the BM to lighten.
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.17.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.18.14 AM.png

thebestcpu

Guru
Great work John, how did you do it?

I noted that the black, grey and white were pretty much mutually exclusive in the image (other than aliasing) so selection by tone was a good option. Here are the steps I took

- Sampled black and created a lower Layer background

- Magic wand selection of gray set to Contiguous and made two or three selections in each letter

- Created Layer mask from the selection and used the Select and Mask option for the Layer Mask and did a very slight movement of mask edge to eliminate leftover gray edges.

- Done

Clearly many ways to get the job done as always with PS :beerchug:

John Wheeler