What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Few "Effects" to a photo

Olivia

Photos are attached. I was asked to edit the lightsaber she is holding to glow more like an actual lightsaber and to add "Elsa snow" to the top hand/photo to capture the Else aspect of the photo. I've attached a lightsaber photo as well an Elsa photo for reference.

I edit for portrait photography and not for this type of editing.

Would anyone be interested in giving this a shot?

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachments

• Photo Jun 02, 1 26 53 PM (1).jpg
    Photo Jun 02, 1 26 53 PM (1).jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 17
  • mace_windu__s_lightsaber_by_mincus38.jpg
    mace_windu__s_lightsaber_by_mincus38.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 3
  • frozenelsa.jpg
    frozenelsa.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 46

thebestcpu

Guru
I am not sure this is what you want because I totally changed the background yet thought I would give it a try. I also was not quite sure if this was a double ended light sabre and if to include the lit part under her arm as well.

John Wheeler

elsa-final.jpg

Olivia

These are perfect! Is there a better way to download from this forum to get a better resolution?

thebestcpu

Guru
These are perfect! Is there a better way to download from this forum to get a better resolution?

Gedstar gave the best way to download yet I believe for it to work, you have to login for that to be enabled in case you have any issues.

Olivia

Gedstar gave the best way to download yet I believe for it to work, you have to login for that to be enabled in case you have any issues.

Thanks! I just thought there might be another method. I think the issue is more that the forum forces a condensed size for uploading so it's hard to get the full high res output.

gedstar

Guru
Thanks! I just thought there might be another method. I think the issue is more that the forum forces a condensed size for uploading so it's hard to get the full high res output.

Hi Olivia

The forum allows you to upload 3500 * 3500 pixel images, the forum does not condense the uploaded images

Here's the pixel dimensions of the original image you uploaded
View attachment 75262

and here's John's image size
View attachment 75263

If you need to post higher res images than the forum allows you will need to use a file hosting site like DropBox or something similar and post a link to the download

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru

Hi Olivia

I scaled you image down to match the background which I obtained online.

The pixels distance between the subjects pupils is 88 pixels in your original and in my image it is scaled down to 61 pixels.

The good news is that I use Smart Ojbects so I could rescale back up and still retain the same resolution that you posted, then post to a web hosting site so you could have about 44% higher resolution.

The bad news is that the background will not look sharper as it came at a lower resolution to begin with.

So let me know if you desire a large version and I can send it on its way.

Also note that to have your subject match the backround better and not look as much out of place, I did add a little Gaussian blur (because the background is not that sharp either). If desired, I could remove that slight blur too.

If you need higher resolution, you would need to provide an original image at higher resolution as Gedstar indicated.

Just wanted to provide my thoughts on your options

John Wheeler