What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to bring out portion of picture that is camoflauged

FSUKXAZ

Hi. I took this photo of a crab on the beach. It's one where he's camoflauged in the color of the sand. I was looking for some assistance on how to bring him out more on the photo. Maybe colors. texture, or whatever. I'd like to see what creative ways you guys come up with. I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(29).jpg
    FullSizeRender(29).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 3

Rich54

Guru
Unfortunately the photo is very blurred. That, plus the fact that the crab has evolved for 100 million years to blend into the sandy background, makes this a bit of a lost cause. I used a Levels adjustment on the crab---leaving the sand as is--- to increase his contrast. Then I used a High Pass filter to sharpen the image (masking away the sand). Not very good, but maybe slightly better than what you started with.

crab.jpg

FSUKXAZ

Thanks that does look better. I just realized I sent a really small image which makes it harder to work with. Heres the larger one if that helps any.

Attachments

• Crab.jpg
    Crab.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 5