What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Fake oil portrait" for my bro's birthday

Chopin

Hi guys!

So I was thinking about giving my bro this fake oil portrait for his birthday... But unfortunately I don't even own Photoshop and quite frankly I'm useless with the free editors as well (I can somehow copy the face but I can't edit the colors so it looks like it's the oil painting :confused:), so I thought I'd ask you guys to use some magic :cheesygrin:

Anyway here's the deal - I need to make something like this:

e8133ae24983137a7e9559e72398abf5.jpg

...Except with my bro in it. Unfortunately he doesn't make selfies so I couldn't find many good high res pictures with his face in it, but this is the best normal photo I managed to get:

10580678_4551358399767_7602634956847307004_o.jpg

I also found this high-res background oil painting with somewhat similar shadows:

George_Dawe_-_Portrait_of_Pyotr_P._Konovnitsyn.jpg

So if any of you guys are willing to take the challenge I'll greatly appreciate it!

Chopin

HUGE THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS!

Absolutely fantastic work. The only problem is... Now I don't know which one to print, because both are so well done! :cheesygrin: But either way, thanks again

Last edited: