What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enhance quality of image

V_S

Hello everyone

Is there any way the quality of this picture could be enhanced? Like the colors and it being less blurry(especially my face)?

thank you in advance :)
0-02-01-c962c00b261d939c8ddd287c727404193ab4a0d2adedac4b0bfa511c551dd054_full.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi V_S
I think Mr Tom, carlbush, and fogo00 all gave good improvements for the image.

I am going to ask/suggest that if you have a better original image that fixes may be improved quite a bit. The provided image is a highly compressed JPEG image. If you have the digital version that is not reduced in pixel dimensions and also not compressed to a smaller size, then we would not have some many JPEG artifacts to deal with that are getting in the way of a better post processing.

To point this out I took your image and extracted out and placed to the right the luminosity, Hue, and Saturation channels of the image in that order. Even the B&W luminosity channel is not very good causing a break in your face (it is not out of focus) and the hue and sat channels are highly compressed as seen by the squares much larger than the pixel sizes.

So it is the JPEG compression that is the #1 limiter for the starting image, not an out of focus shot.

Just a suggestion

Johh Wheeler

harvard-lum,hue,sat.jpg

V_S

Thank you all for taking away from your time to help me with my photo.

Given the bad quality picture that I gave you all have managed to do a great job.

Once again, thank you all :).