What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can this be done in photoshop from a photo

Ed123

Hi,

Please can you help?

I want to make one of these for my mothers birthday (see link below) but am new to photoshop and wondered if one of you genius' could tell me how to do it?

Thanks so much
original_personalised-house-portrait.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hi Ed and welcome.

Is this a request for a work to be done or are you asking how to do something like this?

Ed123

Sorry, I'm asking if this could be done in photoshop and if so, how? Thanks Ed

Eggy

Retired Moderator
It can be done in PS, but I understand you're new and that technique, converting a photo into that result, involves way more then a basic knowledge!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
It is possible that there's an action for this but I don't know one.

You can search for that or a similar action but they are likely not free.

Here's a decent but not free site: https://envato.com/

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Now be patient and keep in mind that our members are scattered all over the globe in different timezones.

Unscripted

Doesn't really match the style you posted but I'll leave these here anyways :cheesygrin: feel free to use them if you like them.

HousePortrait.jpg

HousePortrait2.jpg

Ed123

Thankyou so much. I wondered if thid could be turned into a sketch and then i could add colour maybe just to the sky and grass leaving the house an outline?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just testing out some filter combinations.
If you have a bigger version of this photo please upload that one because the one you uploaded is a bit small to have good result.

Attachments

• test01.jpg
    test01.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 3