What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Request - Remove Text and Clean Up the Image

Lombe

I have this image that was screenshot from a video so it's blurry and has hard-coded text in it. I tried to remove it using the Polygonal Lasso tool and the fill (content-aware) functionality but my result was hella ugly. Can anyone help me out?

2.png

Pipsmom

Guru
Just understand I am not a pro but this is how I did it just playing and experimenting.

The file I used and by clicking on the link it will open in your 2017 the same as it does mine and you can follow along

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1193aa9xipalid/Lombe.psd?dl=0

After creating a background layer I used the patch tool on the wall corner and most of the upper words at the top, then the clone tool to get rid of the rest taking care to grab small bits of corners of the image so they blend in naturally and used the spot tool to get rid of the any remaining tiny parts shadow behind the refrigerator. Then used the clone tool at opacity around 80% I started with the bed rail filling in small areas at at time never large ones so you have more control. Grabbed small areas and filling in as I went. The tile floor was the hardest as I played with the opacity up and down till I matched, pay attention to tile lines, corners, and where shadow lines are...they gotta match perfectly or it shows up.
I kept working and reworking till it all looked blended and covered all the words and everything matched. There is no easy step in the cloning, slow down and take it slow. Always remember to save your work as you go along as if you need to return to a step the previous work is saved and not have to start over.

Next I took the picture into a filter called Portraiture by Imagenoic. Not a cheap filter by no means but worth its weigh in gold if you do a lot of work as it cleans up a lot of nasties and improves even low quality images..... Within the filter I changed the image till it looked right
Next step was Color Efex Pro 4 from the Nik Collection and this filter is free off the internet. I changed and improved and layered effects by pressing +add filter.....Tonal Contract, Glamour Glow was used and saved.
Next layer was Hue and Saturation layer adjustment where I raised the saturation of the blues, yellows and reds till colors popped in your surrounds
Last but not least a layer just for clean up...any spots I missed cloning or just didn't look right were touched up here with a soft brush or the clone tool

Hope that helps you do your own

Last edited:

Lombe

Just understand I am not a pro but this is how I did it just playing and experimenting.

The file I used and by clicking on the link it will open in your 2017 the same as it does mine and you can follow along

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1193aa9xipalid/Lombe.psd?dl=0

After creating a background layer I used the patch tool on the wall corner and most of the upper words at the top, then the clone tool to get rid of the rest taking care to grab small bits of corners of the image so they blend in naturally and used the spot tool to get rid of the any remaining tiny parts shadow behind the refrigerator. Then used the clone tool at opacity around 80% I started with the bed rail filling in small areas at at time never large ones so you have more control. Grabbed small areas and filling in as I went. The tile floor was the hardest as I played with the opacity up and down till I matched, pay attention to tile lines, corners, and where shadow lines are...they gotta match perfectly or it shows up.
I kept working ad reworking till it al looked blended and covered all the words and everything matched. There is no easy step in the cloning, slow down and take it slow. Always remember to save your work as you go along as if you need to return to a step the previous work is saved and not have to start over.

Next I took the picture into a filter called Portraiture by Imagenoic. Not a cheap filter by no means but worth its weigh in gold if you do a lot of work as it cleans up a lot of nasties and improves even low quality images..... Within the filter I changed the image till it looked right
Next step was Color Efex Pro 4 from the Nik Collection and this filter is free off the internet. I changed and improved and layered effects by pressing +add filter.....Tonal Contract, Glamour Glow was used and saved.
Next layer was Hue and Saturation layer adjustment where I raised the saturation of the blues, yellows and reds till colors popped in your surrounds
Last but not least a layer just for clean up...any spots I missed cloning or just didn't look right were touched up here with a soft brush or the clone tool

Hope that helps you do your own

Thank you so much. I'll try out all of the steps (except the one with the expensive filter since I'm so broke right now). Thank you once again.

Pipsmom

Guru
Your very welcome. You still can do a lot within the Nik collection just keep using the sliders making adjustments and adding layers of effects on top of each other that work best