What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Request - Change the size of the picture to 1400 X 520 Pixels

Lombe

Can someone please change the size of this picture to 1400 X 520 for me without losing any content and without making it stretched. You can extend the sides of the picture if need be. Also, I'd appreciate if someone could clean up the photo and make it look nice and bright.

ztaquiz2.jpg

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
The sides become a little abstract - but how about this approach?

Untitled-4.jpg

Cheers

John

fredfish

Guru
OK, I had to reconstruct things I did not know how they look and I had to replace the picture on the right by another picture of the Victoria Falls.

View attachment 77212

Seirously Eggy - you know your stuff! Great job. :youtheman:

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Seirously @Eggy - you know your stuff! Great job. :youtheman:

Cheers

John

Nothing magic about that John, just some content aware scaling, cutting pieces and past them, clone stamp work and some.
I had to re-invent the right side since I found the site but not the pictures.
If you ask me in detail how I did it I couldn't answer, I do some of these things on auto-pilot...:cheesygrin:

fredfish

Guru
Eggy There is the story of the young lady who takes her car to the mechanic because it isnt running right.

He looks at the car - strokes his chin - and takes out a hammer and gently hits the engine with the hammer.

After that the car runs perfectly and the woman is delighted and says how much do I owe you?

The mechanic answers ?150

The woman says ?150!!!! all you did was hit it with a hammer !!

The mechanic says "Madam it is only ?5 for hitting it with a hammer - It is a further ?145 for knowing where to hit it with a hammer!!!!"

You knew where to hit it with a hammer. :cheesygrin:

Cheers

John

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks John!

I'm just applying what I learned in the four years I'm using PS.
But there's a kind of system in PS while working in layers and adjustments.
The last thing I want is sound presumptuous but I'm fairly good in combining logic thinking and techniques.
I also have a lot of time since I'm retired.
But I still consider PS as a hobby...:giggle:and my only aspiration is to reach a decent level...