What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paris Metro sign

RavingMad

Hello, World! This is my first time posting here. I took a picture of a Paris Metro sign that I'm rather pleased with, but I'm disappointed that half the glowing M was burned out. Can any PS wizard make the entire M light up? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Paris Metro, Photoshop help.jpg
    Paris Metro, Photoshop help.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7

fredfish

Guru
To be honest I like the original that has part of the sign not working! It makes it real.

Cheers

John

RavingMad

@Eggy, I really like what you've done – thank you! And here's where I look a gift horse in the mouth...

It seems like the face of the M on the left side should be glowing to match the glowing face on the right side; what you've done seems to be more along the top of the M. I've circled what I mean.
Untitled.png

Also, is the reflection you added on the circle a little too green?

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Unless someone else jumps in I'll have a look at it tomorrow...its bedtime in my timezone...:cheesygrin:

RavingMad

Eggy: thank you for your photo editing! I know this particular forum isn't meant to be a tutorial, but if you can give me a broad idea of how you did what you did, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
No problem.

I made a selection (rough) of the illuminated part on his own layer, flipped it horizontally, free transform, warp and pupput warped it to match the non illuminated part.
I merged those two layers and with the clone stamp tool I made the necessairy adjustments.
With the pen tool I made a selecting of the metal rings on the left, apply a color layer and exerimented with blend modes until I found a match with the right part.
I applied a layer mask to brush away the transitions and dodged the parts in need of more reflections, burned on the other places.

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

Made a snapshot (ctrl+shift+alt+E) and corrected that 'new' layer where needed.

RavingMad

Eggy: Huh! And here I thought it would be difficult and complicated :cry:.

I'm fairly skilled in Lightroom but an absolute amateur in Photoshop. Thanks again for the work and the explanation!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This is one way to tackle this correction, but as always in PS, there are many ways to do it.
The art is to make it as simple as possible...