What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you edit this photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neogenensis

174445_5305118_1100891_n.jpg

A friend of mine posted this on facebook and challenged me to edit someone elses photo into this one. I told him it was a bad idea to post credentials, and he told me "good luck with that". It's a gentleman's bet to see if it can be done. I think it can. Reply with what you can do and I'll pass it onto him (anonymously) to prove that posting official credentials online is a stupid idea.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Pay your buddy.
Those lines would make this painfully difficult to do, especially on such a low-rez image.

The lower the resolution the tougher it is.

hawkeye

Guru
The lines are actually pretty easy to do. This took me about 2 minutes, just fooling around, but I'd really need to see a better bigger copy to get the angles and spacing right.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 48

hawkeye

Guru
If you can duplicate the effect, I supposed you could add a different photo under it.

kashacl

If you know what you're doing and you got a little bit of time it's doable especially since the final product would be small in itself. If it had to be an 8x10 or bigger than you might have some trouble but for a replica card... you take the photo you want, work with masks and voilà! of course it would be easier if you were the person scanning the credentials so you could put it to a higher res. But it's something ppl do often... I can't tell you the amount of times my colleagues forged cards in college... Your buddy should definitely take that down cuz if someone really wants to recreate credentials it's because they have time and a need for them. :) but it's a cool bet tho... I'd say do it and show him...

BestiaDelRio

That would be an incredibly back breaking challenge. The lines are on the way.

neogenensis

Wow that is really good... this isnt someone you know is it cause I want to show him this.. How did you do this anywho?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
OK I compared both - the original and bogus..... Dang it, I didn't want to jump into discussion here but .... there you are...... iDad, where are you?

Colleague.... You are a patient, determined li'l devil you... lol..... You re-created the arcs. The only thing is the lines are thicker and in some places not matching.

It IS actually possible.... really possible but takes a lot of patience , trial and error , as well as the after effects of cross-eyedness... which is why the security features on such things are so precise.... trust me I know ( not that I'm a forger, OK ..... don't get any ideas.... lol).

Congrats, colleague... you cracked the nut.....

PS... can you share with us the line layer.... lol

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
johanna is very famous in Iceland :)

I recreated the lines with the pen-tool

Attachments

• jonathan.jpg
    jonathan.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Due to the nature of this thread,I see it looking for trouble down the line, the mission has been accomplished no need to keep bumping this up
Photoshop Gurus not responsible for misuse of forged ID's FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.