What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Request: Put these wheels on my car! ...PLEASE! :)

anilhanda23

Hey everyone, I'm having a really really really hard time deciding between these two sets of wheels on my car.

I tried to do it myself in paint, but I was really unsuccessful. Also, it's tough to find pics of these wheels on my specific car since they're both brand new/rarely seen in the colour combination I want.

Anyhow, I figure might as well come to the pros (I know, now I'm sucking up:)) So if someone could put either one of these two wheels on my car, so I can see what it looks like, that would be much MUCH appreciated!!

Thank you so much.
Anil.

Here's my car:

011.JPG

Wheel 1 (Enkei Ammodo): Enkei-ammodo-hsilver_lg.jpg

Wheel 2 (Konig Milligram): VT5387S.jpg

joedirte83

Here you go. Threw these together kind of fast so not the best but gives you a good idea. I used to do this all the time on my own car.

anihanda_enkei_ammodo.jpg

anihanda_konig_milligram.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
hehehe... looks good. Just a thought...

noticed the inside rims of the tirein the first post.... the effect would be more relistic if you retain the inside , select just the spokes of the new tires and superimpose on the rims less the original spokes. And retain the disk brakes......

joedirte83

Usually I take the wheels from a picture with them on a car but for some reason with both of these wheels I couldn't find any good ones. Superimposing is more difficult with the stock TL wheels because the spokes are so wide. Plus you hardly see any rotor on the rear. Definitely can be done but I didn't want to take the time to be honest. Here are some of the ones I've done on my own car with brakes:

BBSLMs.jpg

csl1silver.jpg

cslhyperblack.jpg

Sorry OP, not trying to thread jack here.

Last edited:

anilhanda23

^^I also would welcome a discussion on the matter, since I still HAVE NO IDEA what to buy in terms of rims. The ones I ended up ordering (Konig Milligrams) ended up being back ordered almost 60 days! So now I need new options. I was looking at these two, but by no means am I FULLY satisfied yet:

5Zigen ZR+

Bronze
zigz-br.jpgor Silver zigzr-gm.jpg

OR.. this Rota wheel (but Rota's are a little suspect, so we'll see if I can get a really good price)

Rota Gravel in Gunmetal

gravel_1885_gm.jpg

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate the time you're taking for me on this!

joedirte83

I like the ZR's. They remind me of my BBS CH's just with longer spokes. As far as the Rota's, are you concerned about the quality or just the price? I'm not real familiar with them so can't really comment without doing a little reaserch. Have you looked at OZ-Racing? The Ultraleggera's are nice. And you can get them in HLT (High Light Technology) to help save weight. I'm also a big fan of the Alleggerita from OZ.

I'll do some PS for you on the new wheels when I get home. Here's when I had CH's on my car:

BBSCH.jpg

anilhanda23

It's funny, certain wheels (like the ones you've shown) are very very nice on BMW's, but when I see them on TL's I'm immediately turned off for some reason. I think it has to do with the shape of the car. I looked at the O.Z.'s and while they're very nice wheels (again, such as you've shown) they are a little out of my price range :)

I'm waiting for a quote on the Rota's, but in the meantime I found a few pics to support my Tenzo+bronze theory.

5f76eeec.jpg
and a G35 coupe
rim1.jpeg

joedirte83

One thing I don't like about this site is it doesn't hyperlink images. When you use the IMG code is uploads the pic as an attachment. I made a change to the first pic and re-uploaded to photobucket wih the same name but the image shown here doesn't change. Edited that post with the new image from photobucket but it still shows the old image. I had to re-upload in to photobucket with a different name just to be able to change to image here. Too much work.

anilhanda23

One thing I don't like about this site is it doesn't hyperlink images. When you use the IMG code is uploads the pic as an attachment. I made a change to the first pic and re-uploaded to photobucket wih the same name but the image shown here doesn't change. Edited that post with the new image from photobucket but it still shows the old image. I had to re-upload in to photobucket with a different name just to be able to change to image here. Too much work.

ouch, ya that does sound a bit annoying :confused:

but, just know this, i appreciate all your hard work!! ;)

evobda2

Reviving an old thread..
However I'm hoping i can get some help from those more in the know. As some of the examples of previous photshops were great!

Im looking at getting some wheels for my girlfriends BMW 1 series, however she wont decide on wheels unless she sees them on the car, which isnt possible.

So im wondering if someone can help in doing a quick photoshop so I can give her an idea.
Many thanks in advance!!!!!

Car example:
http ://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd416/sensisimon/120d/DSC02975.jpg

Wheel example:
http ://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/6/8/2/6/5/5/webimg/563356195_tp.jpg

MikeMc

McGuru
go to tire rack......you can pick your ride and wheels...

ibclare

Queen Bee

You can link images once you have more than five posts. This is to prevent
posts from bots; support the human member!

You can upload images at any time. I agree about the edits though. It seems to be a bug in the system and I have tried it on 2 different browsers, Chrome and Firefox. You can get around it, but it's a bit of a pain.

Should you want to do that, here is how.

Go to edit
Go to advanced
Go to Attachment Manager
Check the box and approve the delete
Go back to the edit window, delete the image and upload the new one
You may have to add in the breaks you had before

Like I said, a pain in the tuckas.

Anyway, you can now use links. You have an adequate number of posts. Sorry about the inconvenience. Hopefully we will be able to fix that.