What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complains about PS CS3 vs CS5

SeniorS

Guru
Hello!

Recently start to move from CS3 to CS5 and have allready few complainings.
I know i should google it first but too tired to find new information by myself (too much google lately).

First, i used to use wheel and SHIFT or +CTRL to move around image (at retouching it fasten work, no need to find scrollbars or using buttons).
Now in CS5 it wheels out. Not very big problem but annoying. Maybe can be solved by some preference?

Second, i love layer adjastments, especially Curves (with it's mask it gaves very good option for adjusting).
Now
1. it don't have automatic mask (at least when nothing is selected).
2. it DON'T have OK/Cancel button??? (sure they have good reason to make it so but i don't see it)
I so love that Curve that gave shortcut SHIFT+CRTL+M. They where similar and when you press OK/Cancel "window" disappear. Now have to learn that need to press "x" to close it. And if press Cancel on first time (for some reason for example change your mind and don't want to greyscale for now) it still stays in level palete and need to remove by deleting. Very annoying but don't think that there is cure but still hope.

Advices?

P.S. Except - "get use to it" :)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm not on C5 yet SeniorS.... but I heard there are a lot of changes....

I'll bump this thread up so others can see it and probably have an advice or two......

blawford

First, i used to use wheel and SHIFT or +CTRL to move around image (at retouching it fasten work, no need to find scrollbars or using buttons).
Now in CS5 it wheels out. Not very big problem but annoying. Maybe can be solved by some preference?
I'm using CS5 Extended and unless I have misunderstood you, it still functions in the way you wish (mouse-wheel up/down to scroll vertically, ctrl to switch to scrolling horizontally, shift to PGUP/DN), having not changed any preferences myself.

Unless the 'Extended' version makes a difference here?

SeniorS

Guru
it still functions in the way you wish (mouse-wheel up/down to scroll vertically, ctrl to switch to scrolling horizontally, shift to PGUP/DN)

Yes it does but when it gets to borders that happens:
prev.jpg

MFSX

I have been using CS5 since the first week it was available on ebay and according to me it is somehow way better than cs3, have you checked the "content aware fill" , "content aware scale" or the HDR toning also you should definitly check the "Puppet wrap" tool this are just tremendous. What i dislike in CS5 is the pixel grid that appears when you zoom deep however it is easily removable

Flemingjp

No, the content aware is so annoying for me, when i press del to remove a layer (Doesn't seem to work as well anymore) it always pops up with Content aware, i must be pressing shift of ctrl, but im still annoyed :p