What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any way to create this texture?

chrisatlemon

Hi, yes you got the colours right, same as the samples in my temp directory. In fact I can probably do the colours myself if i just have one sample.

So at the moment i would only need the 03 model in leather in one colour with possibility to add more colours. Then i can take it from there and then we can see if we really want to go through this for all shoes.

And please let me know how much of your time this takes so I can remunerate you accordingly.

Thanks!

Chris

chrisatlemon

Ok, here's about an hours worth of work with dv8's Frankenstein technique. You'll see I did nothing on the stitches and a very sloppy strap ... just wanted to see how this may work out.

The original colour was dark brown and I'm definitely having trouble getting a yellow or pink shoe out of this.

This is fun, but I think it'll be waaay to elaborate to do on an entire shop's worth of shoes ...

Attachments

• leather-brown.jpg
    leather-brown.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
  • leather-green.jpg
    leather-green.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1
  • leather-purple.jpg
    leather-purple.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Here's the shoe....

m06_dvFA.jpg

If you're wondering, the strap is a rebuild from m08 & m24 straps....

But I hated the look on the thunbnail ..... I have to re-do from scratch .... will be ready by day's end.

edit.... whoopsie..... I just spotted two unwanted holes in the strap.... lol.... I'll fix it on the FA......

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Pink and yellow would be difficult to achieve with base color shoes you have....

The only alternative I can think of is to search for appropriate yellow ladies shoe pictures and "Frankie" the textures into your shoes....

chrisatlemon

that is very impressive work! Congratulations, and thanks so much! your model looks a lot cleaner than mine, looks like even cleaned up some of the originals flaws ;)

So in theory this is definitely a possibility. As I put in my PM to you, the question is whether in real life it is really a viable option to do this for every shoe every few months when the models change.

Maybe we'll go slowly one by one or in small batches for some of the models we know remain in the store permanently.

In any case, very much looking forward to the final release and thanks again for the great work, this is really impressive photo shopping.

Cheers

Chris

chrisatlemon

awesome! That's very good work, nobody could even imagine this was done in photoshop. Remember, we know what we're looking at, but a visitor to our store just thinks is looking at picture of a shoe.

very nice!

Chris

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
OK here you go....

View attachment 3607

View attachment 3608

Trust me... this is one of those moments when my layers look screwy coz of mutiple modes sometimes double / triple copies... lol.... all just to get a mix I want and coz I'm lazy to check each layer for what is where is....

But feel free to play with it, Chris... maybe you can find a mix , mode or setting better than what I mashed up....

Cheers

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Oh yeah.... I forgot to mention.... this was done in PS7.... but I'm sure it can open in CS.

I'm more comfortable in PS7 when it comes to hurry-deadline, speedy gonzales pace work.....

chrisatlemon

Very nice, thanks so much for that!! I'll make sure to let you know what becomes of this ... and probably have a few questions ;)

Cheers

Chris