What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gradient? Not sure!

Vicki Coe

Hi there! I am looking for insight on how to create a certain effect in photoshop. I am helping a friend design a pamphlet, and on the cover they would like to have a gradient type thing, but almost as though there are multiple gradients. I do have some experience in photoshop, but moreso with photo editing than with design like this, and I am stumped on this issue! :rolleyes: I played around with the gradient tool a little, but I wasn't able to figure out the look I wanted. I have attached a picture so you all know what I am talking about. Any suggestions/thoughts are greatly appreciated! :)

IMG_0940.jpeg

There are many ways to achieve this. It could be any of several techniques.... using a myriad of effects (blur, a gradient, a big brush stroke with faded edges) all on layers.... or an appropriate image with an angled motion blur - showing only the blur less the image..... the shape in the corner of the cover might be that image...... who knows?.....

Must experiment......

Last edited:

Back