What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing Fonts Outside the Normal Directories?

The company I work for has security measures in place which prevent me from modifying any directory within the C: drive. This means, of course, that I can't add fonts to either the system fonts directory or the Adobe/Fonts directory.

Obviously, this is a huge disadvantage, and I'm trying to find a workaround. Does anyone know a way to make Photoshop find fonts in a different directory? I'm able to create and modify directories on our shared server, so I'd like to create an alternate fonts folder there and point Photoshop toward it.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice.

(I'm using CS4 on a Windows XP 5.1, if that helps. I'm a Mac guy at home, so I don't know much about Windows.)

Hi Paul Christian Glenn Welcome to PSG

The Only way for PS to recognize fonts under Windows is by installing the font file inside "c:\Windows/fonts" or directly copying the file inside the PS fonts folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts",unfortunately there's not work around.

The Only solution is Asking you Net Administrator to give you access to the root file system or if the Admin could install the extra font files for you. "i got my doubts in this one"

zaberath

photoshop reads fonts from the windows font directory i dont think you can manually access fonts