What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrolling through fonts and change doesn't show

CraigL

I upgraded to CS5 and cannot scroll through the fonts and see the change in my type layer. I know it's supposed to work, but can't seem to find out why it isn't. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi CraigLWelcome to PSG

Photoshop sometimes, for no apparent reason, can start acting funny on you. One common cause has to do with Photoshop's Preferences. Sometimes, they can get messed up, specially whit software updates or upgrades.

In this case, when starting PS just hold down "Shift+Ctrl+Alt" Win / "Shift+Command+Option" Mac, on your keyboard.
The very first thing you'll see is a dialog box that pops up asking if you want to delete the existing Preferences file (which is the "Settings" file) then just click OK and Photoshop will restart using the default preferences file.

Hope this helps.

CraigL

Thanks, much, for your help. I tried that but it still will not allow me to see the changes in the type layer as I scroll through the fonts.
It's frustrating because I've been using that tool for years and now it will not work for me in CS5 Extended.

iDad

Guru
not sure I follow this one, you mean when you highlight the font, it will not change to the next picked font to view?

TheBlueAsset

make sure the text your wanting to change is not active, a quick way to make it inactive is to press ctrl + enter when you finish writing after that the scrolling through fonts should work just fine

akazmaka

not sure I follow this one, you mean when you highlight the font, it will not change to the next picked font to view?

yes, exactly! it will not change. what I have to do is to minimize the picture or pick it up and move it in order to see the change. but this doesnt work always. even if it does work ITS VERY VERY annoying. It takes me 15 min (!!) to write a name underneath a picture.

otherwise the photoshop works fine. I wouldnt say it works slowly as all other changes tend to show immediately. Its just the writing what doesnt work.

Also Im wondering, do you see next to names of fonts how they actually look like? I have seen it on someone else's Photoshop, but mine doesn't display it. I couldn't find where to adjust this. Thanxx

akazmaka

Thanks a lot, mine looks exactly the same. Actually it is more than just changing the font, when I use Silver efex, the same thing happens. I have to grab the picture and move it in order to see any changes.