What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS3 vs CS5

brandon skyy

is it really a dramatic difference? are there tools that are truly essential? let me know if its necessary to upgrade!

Well, to me, I don't think theres that much of a difference. You can still get the job done in CS3

true enough, ive been using cs3 for a while now it hasnt seemed to hinder my abilities, i just didnt know if there were essential tools i may need. thanks.

Photoshop is used for a vast array of purposess, only you can decide if it offers any benefits, that is why there is a trial version so that you can decide yourself.

N.B. There are parts that have been removed from CS4 and CS5 that might stop you upgrading, Picture Package, PDF Presentation and Contact Sheet II. Some of these have been moved to Bridge. So for a lot of people their workflow has gone.

i just youtubed the content aware. it looks freaking DOPE. im definitely downloading cs5 tomorrow.

I tested that fill and i'm glad that it isn't so good in reallife as in youtube because i need something to eat too :)

If we talking about removing then healing brush become better with brush hardness option (i was suprised that in CS3 it wasn't)

About minus i allready complained. First of all its adjusment layer - curve. Dramaticly differ from normal curves panel. No default mask, no cancel button. Now find out that holding CTRL+left mouse and sliding thought image when viewing RGB don't show that white circle about how "many" color it have (but still it works by chanell).
Presing CTRL+"digit" don't change chanell (in curves panel) which you want to modified but go throught chanells (chanell panel).
Don't see reason make it so different.

But Indesign CS5 rules. Preflight panel are amazing and now can modified for your needs.
Finally allows edit multiple selected images if their filetype default program is set to PS (allways want that possibility).

Bridge is getting better and better.

Back