What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faded/Vintage/Discolored Effect

zaberath

Hi, I'm wondering how to achieve this sort of look with a Canon DSLR and photoshop:

tumblr_ll26r5N25E1qenw6no1_500.jpg
tumblr_lk6avkEWxh1qgsyw8o1_500.jpg

Especially THIS ONE

tumblr_lk9ra4fyhh1qz4sd9o1_500.jpg

There seems to be a lack of complete black and white in either of the photos. i see the discoloration and everything, i just need to know what i can do to achieve this sort of effect.

any help is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks for reading!

RedneckR0nin

To achieve this is pretty easy actually. It is simply desaturated for the most part and the vibrancy is also altered as well. With the photos above I would drop the Vib a bit and the Saturation slightly to begin. All you want do is bland up the color a bit and take the edge of the boldness of the color. Both have their own category under image and adjust the Hue/Saturation and Vibrance feature that are in the second section under the Image/Image adjustment path! Hope that helps you out a bit and it just takes a little messing around to find what your looking for. There are other ways to achieve this with layer blending modes but the easiest is by far the first way I told you about!

RedneckR0nin

You can also play with the Curves feature as well to remove the presence of total black or total white.