What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me change a black png file to white.

Randy Myers

I have a logo in the form of a png file. It is text with a drop shadow and has a transparent background. This works well on a sites light background but they want to be able to use it on black backgrounds also.

Can anyone tell me how to change this black logo to white and keep the subtle, faint opacity of the drop shadow? Also, keeping the transparent background?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1-Last Overture Layers-2 copy.png
    1-Last Overture Layers-2 copy.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hello and Welcome , Randy...

You can use the pen tool to select the black text and copy to new layer so you can fill white.

That done, merge the text and original layer ( don't flatten ) and re-save in png.

Hope this helps.

Randy Myers

Thanks DV8. What I was really hoping I could do though, is to convert exactly what I have here to white while keeping the drop shadow. Anyone know whether or not this is possible?

Hi Randy Myers

I will recommend trying to redo the logo whit white text, instead of just working over the black logo, so you will end it up whit a much cleaner and crisp design.

Randy Myers

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to everyone.

Hawkeye, that worked very well. All I had to do was sharpen it a speck.