What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photograph watermark examples

Glitch

Hello,

I'm looking to start watermarking my original photography that I send out as proofs. I want to create a noticeable but not obnoxious watermark that isn't easily photoshopped off or cropped out.

So I am looking for examples. I've searched Google, but I'd like human response. If you watermark your photos, could you post an example for me? I'd appreciate it.

What I don't like:
----
Example 1 - too obnoxious
Example 2 - too cropable

What I do like:
----
Example 1 - But I would add color
Example 2 - harder to crop out, doesn't have to go all the way across.

RedneckR0nin

I change it up quite regular. The thing with water marks is you want to discourage reproduction of a image. I use them for sample pics or for display on Facebook and other mass networking sites. To prevent outright piracy though you need to be adding metadata to your photos. This is just one example of my watermarks and again I change them up almost as much as I change my underwear.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309646898.842058.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309646898.842058.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 28

RedneckR0nin

I guess I should have added that I partly use watermarks for marketing and advertisement. The example I posted was for that reason. If your trying to prevent any copying though then just your photography title and right across the middle with opacity at about 25

Glitch

Yes, yours is closer to what I had in mind, thanks. But with metadata, can't anyone just go in and change that? The only thing I can think of is to never release the original, that way you have it as proof.

I change it up quite regular. The thing with water marks is you want to discourage reproduction of a image. I use them for sample pics or for display on Facebook and other mass networking sites. To prevent outright piracy though you need to be adding metadata to your photos. This is just one example of my watermarks and again I change them up almost as much as I change my underwear.

As for right now, I just want to protect my IP and assets while still being able to share high quality images. I'm no professional, unfortunetally.

I guess I should have added that I partly use watermarks for marketing and advertisement. The example I posted was for that reason. If your trying to prevent any copying though then just your photography title and right across the middle with opacity at about 25

RedneckR0nin

Well a staple rule of photography is never sell your raw images. Since I do a lot of pro work I always shoot in Raw. This will have the original data. Since it's impossible to convert a jpg into raw file then if a confliction over ownership ever came about the debate would be a short one. There is other ways to also encrypt your metadata which I will get into once I get home. Running around with my head cut off right now.

Glitch

I agree with you completely. However I only have a Canon PowerShot A1100 IS. It's a very nice camera for what it is, but it won't shoot in raw - only jpeg. So I keep the unedited 4000x3000 jpegs instead.

Well a staple rule of photography is never sell your raw images. Since I do a lot of pro work I always shoot in Raw. This will have the original data. Since it's impossible to convert a jpg into raw file then if a confliction over ownership ever came about the debate would be a short one. There is other ways to also encrypt your metadata which I will get into once I get home. Running around with my head cut off right now.

Burned Ice

Power User
i use my DJ band name (laugh me out loud) all the way from right above to left under or left above to right under with the opacity under 40% and in a colour that matches the imageWolf Project8.jpg

like the one above, its an image (edited, not made by me) from another forum thread somewhere at this forum