What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First post: I'm mad.... Can't save history with file.. Driving me nutts since PS 5.0

Saving the history

• This is a MUST have feature for CS6 or even CS5 patch

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Adobe can't please everyone, there are more important things

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Useless to the vast majority...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ara Tidwell is a TROLL.....

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Ara Tidwell

I've been an amature Photoshop enthusiast since version 4.0... I remember when the history palette came out and it was so cool... But the obvious was lacking, can't save history.

I have given Photoshop a break quite sparatically over the years.... but now I have come back in an attempt to unleash the wrath of its power and so far I have been quite impressed. Generally all I need to do is think "I wish there was a feature to do this" then apply usually not much more than a few seconds of discovery to locate the actual that exist previously unbeknown to me....

With the work I am doing right now the history and history brush feature is proving very useful... However sometimes not being able to save my history when I close photoshop or take a extended break... has proven to cost me hours of time.

This is utterly unacceptable. I really hope CS6 fixes this. How can Adobe make such a great software with such a blatant flaw?

Last edited:

Fairy

Re: First post: I'm mad.... Can't save history with file.. Driving me nutts since PS

Having such a feature is nice. But you can edit your pictures in a way that's non-destructive(by using adjusting layers, masks...etc).

Still I wouldn't mind having such feature.

Ara Tidwell

Re: First post: I'm mad.... Can't save history with file.. Driving me nutts since PS

Having such a feature is nice. But you can edit your pictures in a way that's non-destructive(by using adjusting layers, masks...etc).

Still I wouldn't mind having such feature.

Seriously complicates things....