What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best way to create this?

LRG

Hey all,
im working on a background for a site and my client want to see something like that:

blue-fractal-wallpaper-with-circles-design-9472321.jpg

I've tried to reproduce it using paths and circles but am not satisfied with the result and would be happy to get some advice what is the best and easiest way to create this. thanks a lot!

Hi LRG

That image looks more like an image generated by a Fractal Software generator

As for for a specific mathematical equation, used to create that image, it will be hard to find or generate, cause most of the time people create their own math formulas and is very unlikely to get something that matches that image.

You could download some apps and start experimenting yourself, and see what you can come up whit, is not that difficult, but it will take some time to get used to the software, ill recommend using Sterling2 or Apophysis to get you started, both apps are free and user friendly, and comes whit lots of examples already loaded, you'll just need to change some values on the equations to start experimenting whit it.

Also, if you got a DA account you could contact this user Bubble Wave WP by ~darkstormlord, for some tips or advice on how to.

Since he has created lots of images in that style.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: LRG
thank you $1r_M4x1mu$ for the help! I really appreciate it. As I see, darkstromlord's image is exactly what I was seeking for.

Ive tried to create a similar one but maybe it would had been better if i had knew darkstormlord' original pic.: )

any thoughts? i m sure its not the last variation but the latest.

t673hu.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job LRG

Almost there, try keeping the focus just on the glowing rings, a little thicker line borders won't hurt,

also some blurring on the left side, try duplicating and blurring a copy of the image then apply a layer mask gradient from left to right and from white to black or white to transparent. "lowering opacity will also work"

also try increasing the glow on rings try creating another copy of the layer then desaturate or make it black and white,apply a levels adjustment to increase shadows and highlights, the apply a Gaussian blur about 3-5 % and set it to linear or color dodge, that will increase the glowing light on rings.

Last apply a gradient overlay or screen on all the composition, as far as i can see 5 or 6 gradations (variations) of two shades of blue, also i think it could be done by just painting whit a big soft brush, lowering opacity if needed.

Thank you very much again Sir!:) Ill try all the changes you suggested since they are all good pointers.

Back