What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color Advice Needed....

mooapo

I am trying to decide what color to use for a Top Header Bar that will overlay a Black Baground. I was thinking Gray.

Does anyone have any better Color Ideas?

Thank you...

thats pretty much a personal choice but but the most obvious contrast would be white.

maybe a screen shot of what your trying to improve will give others ideas to post.

Sorry about the image being small. Ok, now I feel like an idoit...

:rofl::rofl:
You're in the right place then!

But seriously, that's what learning's all about. Your gradient can be more than two colors if you want and you can control the settings, how much of each color.

But you're right! If you do it on a larger piece, you can practice and we can see better.

:rofl::rofl:
You're in the right place then!

But seriously, that's what learning's all about. Your gradient can be more than two colors if you want and you can control the settings, how much of each color.

But you're right! If you do it on a larger piece, you can practice and we can see better.

Thank you fort your kind words. I feel better. lol I am trying though...

Ok, I have a feeling i'm gonna be laughed at and called an idiot, so I'm just saying that I understand that you're talking about a web page that you're designing. if no - oopsi!
(by webpage I also mean documents, no matter what format, PDF, DOC or even JPEG)

Well, first piece of advice, this isn't the answer, but still: are you sure you want a black background?
please have a look in this site:
Color Psychology — Infoplease.com
Make sure that the background color (a very dominant color) that you want is black, instead of any other of those things.

As for the answer:
I think that the color less matter, but how you actually do it, the effects. for example: do you use a cheap bevel? do you use reflections? do you make aqua? do you combine shining it? those kind of stuff are the real question, I think.

Gray is great. depends on your style, my style would be maybe toxic green, with bubble reflection, kinda aqua thing. I'm really attracted to those clear-shine-and-reflections style :p don't even know why :D

Another piece of advice that I can give:
Don't invent the wheel. go to google and search for well-done expert and pro designs!
I'm not saying to copy them, I am saying to get inspiration (did I write it right?:S), and ideas.

When I first learned CSS for web pages, I was terrible!!! I couldn't do anything, it made me angry and frustrated, that other people make such amazing stuff, and I can't make a subtitle to the side of the title! it was terrible.

So I thought, maybe I'll RE-DESIGN webpages! I started making a new google (without the programming stuff, of course, just the style). and guess what? I'm much much better! my computer filled with folders like "RD - Google" (RD as for Re-Design).
really good idea. Why am I mentioning it here? I think every designer, no matter what he designs should do the same, even taking a pause from his current projects, to re-design what experts and pros did, and than you come back with their knowledge!

Good luck! sorry for the long message :p