What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create a thumbnail with two images in it?

pixelwiz

Hi,

I'm creating a portfolio page on my website, and a while back I've seen a beautiful effect on someone else's portfolio site that I can't find again to save my life.

What they did was create a fairly large thumbnail image about 300 or 400px wide. And they took the home page and a details page screen grabs from their portfolio and combined 2 images into one thumbnail. The images were positioned one to the right one to the left, but angled (I can't figure out how). And one was over the other a little, but you could see the majority of each image, and there was a cool shadow effect behind both. I really wish I could create something like that myself, but no matter what I try I can't get anything that looks like what I remember seeing. I tried perspective, distort, skew, etc. Just can't get it to look cool and keep the images legible.

Anyone know of a tutorial how to do something like this?

that would be create a new document import 2 images onto 2 different layers transform to rotate to position and apply a drop shadow but without seeing the image your referring to I cant really answer anymore than that at this stage

Maybe you could draw what it looks like so we can get an idea. Like Hoog said, we can't know what you mean without seeing it... visual art? LOL. It could have been done in some photo editing program that has those kind of photo album specific effects? Also, you may in experimenting find an idea that is similar but more your own. Like maybe you'll have a en edge on one curl up or even curl up a lot to revel the other thumbnail below. You never know what you might come up with, and you can say it's your own.

Last edited:
There is many variantion how to make collages depeding on what you want.
You can put them plain together or use Hoogleman's advice.
Or make them thousand diferent ways. My recent easy examples:

Polaroid look:
polaroid-collage.png

Pretty same way to Hoogleman's but added polaroid look frame and caption.

Photofilm frame:
Zemenu_siera_kuka.png

P.S. It's not good to advice use google since you are here and asking but you could find at least some preview how it you want to look there. And post it here. Then we can explain how it's done.

Back