What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D PNG test

Vafann

Guru
Read.pngPSG.pngI just vector shape 3.pngmade a couple of 3D squiggles and words and things as a test to see if I am able to share PNGs here, if it works I´ll try to make svector shape 1.pngome better ones. :)

Last edited:

Vafann

Guru
Omg! woops! I don´t know how to do this! I can´t edit it either! help.

Vafann

Guru
It seems that they work if you right click and save them. Not that they are anything to save, I was just testing, there must be a less messy way to post things.

Hoogle

Guru
I dont know what you want to edit looks fine to me apart from your text that you wrote in the thread is a bit jumpy if you want to add or remove images go to edit post > advanced 3/4 way down you will see the list off attachments with a bmp icon or something and just above it there is a line that says manage attachments click that and it will load an info box with all your recent images and at the bottom the images in that thread you can then remove them etc or replace them

Vafann

Guru
I dont know what you want to edit looks fine to me apart from your text that you wrote in the thread is a bit jumpy if you want to add or remove images go to edit post > advanced 3/4 way down you will see the list off attachments with a bmp icon or something and just above it there is a line that says manage attachments click that and it will load an info box with all your recent images and at the bottom the images in that thread you can then remove them etc or replace them

It looks fine? You mean that it´s supposed to look like that? I thought that there would be attachment links or something, or.. never mind lol! At least it seems that I can get them in here, maybe I should make them smaller next time. They are supposed to be vectors ( I made them in Xara 3D) but I don´t know if they stay that way when you have posted them here? I am so not good at things like this yet. lol. I tried to edit it, but I couldn´t delete what I had already written.

Vafann

Guru
this is what I am getting
View attachment 7774
Ok, if you right click on any of the images, and save them, can you open them in photoshop, with the background still transparent? and if so, are they still scalable vectors or have they been changed to bitmaps? ( I mean if it´s not too much trouble for you to try and check :) ) I want to get it right for when I do some real ones. :)

Hoogle

Guru
No once you have saved it as a png it is no longer a vector however it is quite impressive that it stayed quite clear upto 300 % bigger but a png is not much different to a jpeg in the way it works just allows you to save without a background

Vafann

Guru
No once you have saved it as a png it is no longer a vector however it is quite impressive that it stayed quite clear upto 300 % bigger but a png is not much different to a jpeg in the way it works just allows you to save without a background
Thank you Hoogle! Uh, ok, so I guess that making them big is a good idea then, and it´s good that they can handle 300%, at least they are transparent. I purposly saved them as PNGs, but I could have saved them as PSDs or something else, would I be able to post them here in some other format that would keep them scalable?

Hoogle

Guru
ouch xara 3d lol I tried it on demo mode and really did not like it but then I guess for basic entry into 3d it is cool especially if your importing it into photoshop that is what I am obsessed with at the moment.

Vafann

Guru
ouch xara 3d lol I tried it on demo mode and really did not like it but then I guess for basic entry into 3d it is cool especially if your importing it into photoshop that is what I am obsessed with at the moment.

I have had it for years, but never really used it, I had photoshop for years before I used it too, I also have other programs that I don´t know how to use yet, my mind is kind of exploding from trying to learn so many things at once lol. Why didn´t you like Xara?