What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok what have I done PSG wont let me post png with transparant bgrounds

Hoogle

Guru
Ok I have noticed this recently the pictures are png on my desktop they are still transparant in the preview mode just before you upload them but when it posts it gets a white background
Minecraft logo tutorial.pngCapture.PNG

Hoogle

Guru
ok it could be the size if this works it is because I have to interlace it
Phillipines.png

Hoogle

Guru
Ok it is size related same file different sizes I guess it has to be under 500 px wides

SeniorS

Guru
Yes, that in rar was transparent file.

I see you figured it out by yourself.

From my side i try to press on png then it opens transparent as it is. So in post server produce thumbnail if it exceed some size.

SeniorS

Guru
Final result - 700px width maximum to display png transparent. That probably works for all images.

Hoogle

Guru
well 700 is big enough for most people I guess transparant images are not designed to be that big

Hoogle

Guru
actually looking at the image I think I need another underlying texture on it to smooth otherwise

SeniorS

Guru
well 700 is big enough for most people I guess transparant images are not designed to be that big

Yep. And for fitting into screen normally maybe without scroolbar when maximized internet viewer.

P.S. Now i'll try to delete all that except result.

SeniorS

Guru
Maybe not smoother. But vice versa (translator) too smooth. Original looks more like cartoon. Rounder edges. Crack look more painted than your "lightnings".

But yours look good too, of course.

Hoogle

Guru
its ok I am sure there wont be many occassions we will need to upload a transparant png over 700pixels and if we do we can always zip it

Steve

Retired Administrator
The file still has a transparent background.
I opened your original image in PS and the background was transparent.
The file's fine, it just doesn't display properly in a post.