What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, where is the Hoogleman? News

ibclare

Queen Bee
My apologies guys. I didn't mean to steer this off-topic and get political, but I did.

:eek:

Back on track now . . . ;)

When Hoog wakes up and is feeling better, I'll send him a card with all your comments, the get-wells that is. Thanks everybody. I know it will speed his recovery, knowing that you care about him.

Stric9

Power User
Wow, I've been busy the last several days and come back to this.......Hoogleman, my thoughts and prayers are for a quick recovery.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi all, I heard from Katie this evening. Hoog is off the ventilator. He woke up. Really good signs, but the information is a bit sketchy a this point. He's not out of the woods yet, but it's certainly better news. Keep the good energy flowing!

Sierraccr

Power User
It's great to hear some encouraging news! Here's to getting him home, where he'll no doubt be bored and playing on Photoshop!

Thanks for the update!

iDad

Guru
I may have read to fast, what it his illness? besides a medication screwup? or is that not know?

Zeealice

I thought I read cancer, from the last time I was on here, could be mistaken. that's fantastic to hear that he's on the mend.
but with good news always comes the bad, I'll start a new thread for it though, don't want to drive this off topic :/

Hoogle

Guru
Hi everyone my Name is Katie I am a close family friend of Gareth s. He is sort of awake here and there but even though we have delivered him an ipad and laptop he is still unable to correspond himself. But is aware of me typing this he is passing on messages unfortunately what he thinks he is saying is not what is coming out at the moment. It has been a scary ride since Saturday night when he was just feeling tired and started falling asleep nothing was wrong in his eyes but if anyone knows Hoogle then he rarely gets tired and rarely goes from chatty to being passed out. Luckily that evening his parents and I were with him and could sense something was wrong and after a bit of prodding it was decided an ambulance was needed to be called. After only last thursday being told that his tumours etc were finally decreasing in size and was only a matter of taking some tablets for the rest of his life and 1 more very low dosage of chemo he was well on his way to recovery. But turns out in his treatment on friday a wrong drug was mixed in his IV and was of a way to high dosage. this caused his blood vessels and veins to constrict and impaired his blood cells to transport oxygen around his body. After 4 ambulance crews and 2 first response vehicles had stabled him enough to transport him to hospital he rapidly went down hill with vital organs failing 1 of his lungs collapsing severe swelling around the brain which led to emergency surgery which triggered of his other organs not coping etc. THe doctors were on the edge of giving up as whatever they did made him worse. and it got to a point where they really could not do anything more for him other than just make him comfortable. But last night he sort of woke up on his own accord just to have a night of the medical team testing him to see if there is any major damage caused etc. But I am pleased to announce he is on the mend and his very drunkenness like behavior he is displaying now appears to be just short term. However I do not think he will be creating any masterpieces in photoshop , or anything else for that matter for some time. We are hoping that by tomorrow he will be able to type and make a rapid recovery as he is ready to come home in his mind and yet can not move lol, That is typical Gareth never likes to admit defeat and be overcome by sickness. I am very proud and lucky to be passing on such wonderful news as he really was in a dangerzone the last week. I hope he will be able to talk to you all in the near future and would like to Thank Clare for relaying messages to you all as I could not work out how to do it and was to preoccupied at first to work it out.

SeniorS

Guru
Thanks Katie!

That's finally some good news about Hoogleman.
So good to hear that. I feel relief. But i must say first sentence scared the hell out of me.
Hope doctors will not screw nothing more and everything else is just question of recovery and time.

Thanks again for information!

alixman96

omg i had so much home work for the passed two days that i didnt check the fourm i feel guilty not to and happy to hear that he is getting better i hope ill see him do his magic with photoshop again!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thank you Katie for giving everybody the story and the great news. I was keeping his confidence iDad, but now you know and we can be happy things are looking up.

I have faith in ya Hoog. You gave us enough of a scare. No more drama, OK?! (just hassling you) Take a little vacation then get your butt in gear. We want you back here!

time to get out of hiding

:mrgreen:

BIG virtual HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Attachments

• HoogHiding.jpg
    HoogHiding.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
Wellll youu caan say im baackk (sort offf) can not eart or drink yet and have supppoprt buut i be back soon in fuuuu; heLTH WILL EB HELINGH FAST NOW THANK OU for wishes and thinking of me, sorr if you can noy unnderstannd what me type but things not coming out righgt and limited control over my actionss and not gave full sight back as yet.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Wellll youu caan say im baackk (sort offf) can not eart or drink yet and have supppoprt buut i be back soon in fuuuu; heLTH WILL EB HELINGH FAST NOW THANK OU for wishes and thinking of me, sorr if you can noy unnderstannd what me type but things not coming out righgt and limited control over my actionss and not gave full sight back as yet.

You can't type or see? As Zeealex says: "who cares?"

We can't understand what you're saying (actually it's pretty clear): who cares?

You're back: we care.

Hoogle

Guru
He is being examined and tested at the moment and hates the fuss lol we are in histerics here as for someone that was nearly dead 24 hours ago is making everyones life hell and just wants to go home. And has complained that there are no attractive nurses to give him a sponge bath so wants a transfer, He is scared of the nurse and is not upto getting up for a shower so any volunteers are welcome only 1 actual quality is needed and that is you have to be hot so he says. But as he kindly advised me even I would qualify now.

Hoogle

Guru
Oh and Clare he wanted me to say you know he is on the mend as he pointed out your sloppy work on your above picture and I quote " could have at least changed the colour of the orange stripes to blue to match the logo tut tut tut" or really what came out was that but imagine someone close to passing out from alcohol drunkness....