What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scaning images

Ian Snook

Im not sure if i have placed this in the right place or if i need to be asking other people but i am looking to get a scanner printer for use at home so i can scan hand drawn images and printed images such as photos or other such media, to create things like logos (web) and posters/art (photo manipulation printed out using high quality printer not the one im on about buying) on photoshop and illustrator, therefore my question is, i have seen a printer with a scanner resolution of 600dpi and one with 1200dpi, ovo the 1200 will be better but is it worth going for it, will the difference be that noticeable? especially with creating poster/art and printing out high quality printer.

Thanks in advance
Ian

Hi Ian Snook

Welcome to PhotoShop Gurus

Scanning a 300 dpi will be enough most of the time for home use, if you are going to scan line art, glassy or very shinny objects, then i will recommend getting a 300+ dpi resolution , 'cause it will eliminate most of the
aliasing or jaggines, the ideal resolution i will recommend will be 600 dpi

You can also check this page for more info,
How much can we scan?

Hope this helps

Thankyou for the reply. The article helped slot thanks. Would the 600 be good enough it I wanted upscale so images too?

Ian

Sorry typos in that. Thanks the article was alot of help. Would the 600dpi be good enough if I wanted to upscale images?

Ian

Back