What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A big big thank you to one of our members

superfour1300

recently i put a post asking for some help to make a present for a good friends 50th birthday..
a few members responded but one member on here really went out of his way..nothing was too much trouble for him..SIERRACCR...
this guy turned out to be so helpful..nothing was too much trouble for him.a really helpful honest guy..just wish there were more like him..the world would be a better place..
i know when i get the image he created onto the canvas i will have made for my good friends 50th birthday he will be blown away..as like me his passion is spitfire aircraft and honda motorcycles...
so once again..id like to say THANK YOU sierraccr..top guy...

thanks
sean

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ATTACHED IMAGE IS NOT THE FINAL DRAFT...

Attachments

• 50thBirthday2nddraft.jpg
    50thBirthday2nddraft.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 40

DoTTGaMMa

that's good...
But you made a double post- You could have just edited your last post or replied to that thread instead of creating a new one.

Just an FYI general rule for most forums on the internet.

Thanks to cierraccr for the help though, that looks pretty good- And it was volunteer service too :)

Stric9

Power User
I'd fix this before I put it on canvas.
1.jpg
It looks out of place.
Otherwise nice work Sierraccr.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
a bg change to this:
topgear-default-bg.jpg
might be okay not sure though i like the original one sierraccr did :D

superfour1300

that's good...
But you made a double post- You could have just edited your last post or replied to that thread instead of creating a new one.

Just an FYI general rule for most forums on the internet.

Thanks to cierraccr for the help though, that looks pretty good- And it was volunteer service too :)

i have tried to delete posts or edit but cant see how..

Sierraccr

Power User
You know.....I feel like I have to say something here.

This guy took the trouble to come back here and thank one of your regular members for doing a job for him. How often does that happen? He and I worked together to produce a specific graphic for his friend's birthday. This was not meant to be great art. It was something meaningful for his friend. He posted the final result because he was really happy with it. It was exceedingly nice of him to do and that kind of behavior should be encouraged, don't you think?

The first reply was to chastise him for making a double post, even though he does not have the post count necessary to edit. Did that need to be said?

The second reply was to criticize the picture. (By the way, that "mistake" you think you see there is a turnout from the runway. Consult your local pilot.)

So in two posts he's made to feel (1) that he's done something wrong and (2) that there is something wrong with the work. A post that was meant to be a happy and positive thing turned in to a buzz kill for him and for me.

I love PSG and I love the members here but this was disappointing.......

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
it's funny you should raise that point because i was thinking along those lines myself, i know i didn't help with posting up that image but i like yours better, i think it would have been better saying all that in the request thread rather than the thank you thread. i think it's amazing work if i'm honest.

Stric9

Power User
Sierraccr, I understand your point. Since I have offended you I apologize. I'm sorry that I offended you with my comment, however, my comment was not intended to be negative toward you, your work, or the OP of this thread. I know that in my work after I have worked on something for a period of time I have a tendency to miss things, because I get in a hurry to get them done. I thought that the road looked out of place with the rest of the composition, and if someone was going to the trouble to put it on canvas they may want to fix that first. I think if you re read my comment you may be able to come to this conclusion.

iDad

Guru
We all are out here looking for what could be better on an image, it's part of the learning process. Stric9 point was only a helpful comment in my review of it. just sayin

Sierraccr

Power User
OK, I didn't want to make this thread about me. I'm not a hothouse flower and if I didn't welcome criticism I would not post here. Under other circumstances - if I had posted the image, for example - Stric9's post would be appropriate and appreciated.

My comment was about the responses to original poster, who took the time to thank me.

Stric9, you did not offend me with your comment. I just felt bad for the guy who was trying to do something nice.

Now, before this thread is hijacked completely, please allow me to acknowledge superfour1300's thanks. I enjoyed working with him and I sincerely hope his friend will love the gift. That's what this is all about - making people smile. :cheesygrin:

superfour1300

i cant thank sierraccr enough for all the help.
im love all this photoshop stuff but have never done anything to get started into it myself..
once the canvas has been made..i will post a pic of it..and of the friend when i gave it to him..he will be one happy chappy..spitfires and hondas..what more can a guy want :)
fao sierraccr...read your emails :)