What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fake or what?

Paul

Former Member
Ok i understand it's from the sun newspaper and before that good old youtube, but i ask the question here, is it fake or is it real?
If fake how was it made and with what tools?
THE VIDEOS IN THE LINKED SITE

Spook or spoof? | The Sun |News

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
it's definitely a prank, seems too "scary" to be taken as true, it just so happens to be in the most shadowed area and knows exactly where the camera is, if it was real, the "ghost" surely wouldn't look at the camera and just go about the average business. personally ghosts are just alload of bullcrap to me just a myth.

fenix

Guru
Looks a bit too much like a reflection/projection originating from somewhere behind the cam I´d say.

Paul

Former Member
I thought it was a phone ap at first but now it just looks like some video edit.

Hoogle

Guru
after effects against a green screen video desaturated and the composition within a composition at 75 % opacity and obviously used a mask at the bottom as her body has a slight glow and yet nothing below the knees show. Yes you can mask in after effects just like photoshop. Also it may not even been someone against a green screen the whole shadow area seems a bit to dark and square I know it is a door frame but it could quite easily be a video put in a video using the door frame as the frame shot against a black background but when the video had layer opacity reduced they used colour correction to enhance the blacks. However it is very clever yet would be simple to achieve as it is cctv camera so no movement you could literally put many videos in the same composition without masking to much as there is no camera movement.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
and last time i checked the lights were OFF FULLY and no CCTV blokes are active when the shop is closed? idk but i'm putting it out there

iDad

Guru
It a real fake