What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Clipping Paths on same layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapShot

It seems that it not able to make several paths on a single layer and then turn each path into it's own "clipping path " rather than just an outline path...Is this correct or am I doing something wrong ? I have 3 pieces of silverware on a background and want to outline each one separately then turn that path into a clipping path to move it to another file...I am able to make any one of them a clipping path , but not the others.

Thanks !

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
no only 1 clipping mask per layer however you can also have multiple clipping masks for the same layer but 1 clipping mask effects the whole layer unless you apply a layer mask but that can get complicated. However you can make your selection click new layer and then tell photoshop to create work path and fill/ stroke the path for each path on a new layer you can then just apply a clipping mask to each layer then.

Status
Not open for further replies.