What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird fonts

Vafann

Guru
I don´t know which forum to put this in, it´s not really graphic design, I just wanted to show a fraction of the weird free fonts I have been collecting lately, I think they could be fun to use in certain circumstances. I have written the names of the fonts with them, I don´t remember all the places I got them from, but I´m sure googling the name will help.

If anyone thinks these are fun and want to see more, I can make more sheets. :)

font-sheet-1-jpeg.jpg

Hoogle

Guru
I like fonts never have to many installed though they slow your system down I just use nexus font viewer and that lets me intstall them as I need them when I scroll through my 30,000 odd fonts and then it uninstalls them when you restart your computer if you choose that option but any way back on topic I came accross this site recently they seem to have a good choice of fonts. Free Truetype fonts for Windows and Mac - µfonts

Vafann

Guru
I like fonts never have to many installed though they slow your system down I just use nexus font viewer and that lets me intstall them as I need them when I scroll through my 30,000 odd fonts and then it uninstalls them when you restart your computer if you choose that option but any way back on topic I came accross this site recently they seem to have a good choice of fonts. Free Truetype fonts for Windows and Mac - µfonts

Ok Hoogle cool! I haven´t noticed that fonts have slowed down my system yet at least though, but I´m sure I don´t have like 30.000 of them lol. :)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don´t know which forum to put this in, it´s not really graphic design, I just wanted to show a fraction of the weird free fonts I have been collecting lately, I think they could be fun to use in certain circumstances. I have written the names of the fonts with them, I don´t remember all the places I got them from, but I´m sure googling the name will help.

If anyone thinks these are fun and want to see more, I can make more sheets. :)

View attachment 9942

PLEASE DO. I'm a font nut with over 5000 fonts in my collection. May never use them all, but one could come in handy at the right needed moment.,

Vafann

Guru
PLEASE DO. I'm a font nut with over 5000 fonts in my collection. May never use them all, but one could come in handy at the right needed moment.,

Ok Dv8! Cool I will! I´m glad it was useful! :)

Hoogle

Guru
You shouldnt notice to much difference until you go over aound about 800 fonts installed it will effect your system and your photoshop. I like it better because if you suddenly have to reinstall windows you loose all your fonts so I have them on a seperate hard drive so can use them whenever I want.

Vafann

Guru
You shouldnt notice to much difference until you go over aound about 800 fonts installed it will effect your system and your photoshop. I like it better because if you suddenly have to reinstall windows you loose all your fonts so I have them on a seperate hard drive so can use them whenever I want.

I understand, it sucks to have to reinstall windows, I will keep this in mind and start storing things on my external harddrive or NAS. :)

Vafann

Guru
I have noticed that I can´t get borders straight, it´s my cataracts I think lol.

Hoogle

Guru
Here is my tip for a border that is 100 % accurate in 10 seconds.
Create your image with no Border once it is done select a colour that you want your border to be
then go to image> canvas size tick the relative box change the units to whatever measurement your comfortable ie cms
in the height box type 1cm for a narrow border > 10 cms for a very big chunky border (soon you will know what size you like)
and then put the same number in the width box
At the bottom you will see a pull down menu for colour and select either black white grey or foreground colour.

Vafann

Guru
Here is my tip for a border that is 100 % accurate in 10 seconds.
Create your image with no Border once it is done select a colour that you want your border to be
then go to image> canvas size tick the relative box change the units to whatever measurement your comfortable ie cms
in the height box type 1cm for a narrow border > 10 cms for a very big chunky border (soon you will know what size you like)
and then put the same number in the width box
At the bottom you will see a pull down menu for colour and select either black white grey or foreground colour.

Thank you Hoogle! :) I will try that! I just tried using the rulers, and it turned out better, but I still have problems even seeing the cm´s. I have operated one eye, and they were supposed to operate on the other one six weeks later, but things don´t work like they are supposed to all the time.