What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a brush Guru

Vafann

Guru
Cool! I didn´t quite understand how you did that, I will have to watch it again, but cool! :)

Hoogle

Guru
Sorry that was not a tutorial it was a question all you do select a background colour and a forground colour open up the brush panel go to colour dynamis you will see a slider bar at the top foreground to background slide that all the way up and then play with all the different sliders for colour effects and brush spaceing.
However I want to know how to limit the colours just to 5

Vafann

Guru
Sorry that was not a tutorial it was a question all you do select a background colour and a forground colour open up the brush panel go to colour dynamis you will see a slider bar at the top foreground to background slide that all the way up and then play with all the different sliders for colour effects and brush spaceing.
However I want to know how to limit the colours just to 5

Oh lol, I have no idea lol :)

SCTRWD

Power User
Add Gradient map adjustment layer, clip it with the painting layer. Go to Gradient map settings, Gradient editor and make gradient with your colors like the one below:

GRM.png

Choose default colors(black and white) for your brush and enjoy painting:cheesygrin:.

Hoogle

Guru
Yes but that wouldnt be continous would it for example I want it specifically 1 colour per 1 brush stroke for example
I would want it to come out like
red,blue,green,red,purple,red,green,red,purple and so on no matter what direction I was painting in
Where as a gradient will colour everything in the same coloum the same colour wouldnt it.
See that was my first option but I found did not matter where I painted it would always be the same colour depending where you were painting n the screen. Unless I have misunderstood the gradient tool and there is an option for continous flow I cant seem to find anything similar.
Here is what I mean Ok where the colours are that is wherever you paint in those sections that is what the colour will be that is done with a fine brush painting in all directions until i filled the canvas up.
Untitled-1.jpg
But what I need is a brush where I can evenly space it without having to change the colour after each stroke to get this effect ok not these colours and I need it to be more even hence trying to get it in the brush dynamics.
Untitled-1.png

SCTRWD

Power User
May be I didn't understand something but my post does just you want. I'm not talking about Gradient TOOL, I'm talking about Gradient map adjustment layer over your paint layer.

Just create the gradient for Gradient map and paint with your brush on painting layer(with Black/White colors).

I know my English is not perfect, but read my post again, please.

Hoogle

Guru
Your right I was the 1 being stupid I was trying to apply the gradient map after I had painted the layer it needs to be applied and clipped in before you do the painting. THank you problem solved

SCTRWD

Power User
You are wellcome.

P.S. Better use pencil tool - the brush tool makes smooth strokes even when the brush has 100% Hardness. Then pencil tool works right.

Hoogle

Guru
Cool thanks for that it is for a huge billboard poster so I need it sharp.