What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request for Help - Lines aren't black

General_T

View attachment Final_Logo_Black_Outline.psdHi,

I have a small project which I am working on for a local gymnastics club that my girl is a member of.

I was asked to redesign there club logo. I have something they like but I am having a problem.

Capture.JPG

They need the lines in the lines in the body of the gymnast to be black. They are kinda grey at the moment and I don't know how to darken them.

The lines are from a pattern.

I have attached the PSD file if someone would be willing to have a look and see if they can make them black.

Thanks for any help.

General_T

Hi,

Levels, under Image/Adjustments is greyed out.

Sorry Stric9 - I put a new layer as levels - which I'm sure is what you meant -D'oh! Works fine.

Thanks a heap!!

General_T

Stric9,

If I can ask another question.

I notice that the pattern lines are quite jagged is there a way to smooth them (anti-alias). Or do I have to put them in by hand?

Thanks

General_T

How To Change Line Color in Pattern Overlay

Hi,

The pattern is black lines and I would like to change it to something else.

How do you do this.

Capture.JPG

ibclare

Queen Bee
Re: How To Change Line Color in Pattern Overlay

Use hue/saturation layer adjustment and check colorize. You can move all three sliders all over and get just about any color you want. Just don't bring the lightness down to far or it will affect the white (if there is any in the figure that is - I haven't looked at your psd). Be sure your image mode is RGB not greyscale.

Re: How To Change Line Color in Pattern Overlay

Hi General_T

Also if you want to change the fill pattern to another pattern design, just create a selection of your shape, you could use the pen tool in this case, and fill it whit you desired pattern.

Capture.png

Have fun.