What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! How do I remove glare from a picture?

lovephotography

087.JPGI have an interior shot of a living room. There is a framed paiting on the wall which has a reflection from the window on the opposing wall. I'm not sure how to remove the reflection while keeping the integrity of the photo.
Another possible fix could be doing a mirror image of the photo itself to "cover" the glare spot on the other half of the painting.
Any suggestions? I have much to learn when it comes to photoshop.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome to PSG, lovephotography.

The glare totally obscured the image and part of frame. In this case the only way is to rebuild the frame and picture. Clone tool would be the best and a bit of imagination to rebuild the castle and foreground yard.

Happy cloning.

Stric9

Power User
I actually didn't save the file and just have the screen shot as a jpeg, since you where asking how to do something. I would be happy to do it for you, for a resonable fee. Otherwise the clone tool is your best bet. You can PM me for terms if you like.

And thanks for the compliment.

lovephotography

I must be blocked from access to Private Messages because of being new or something. I'm interested in your terms. Please email me at mwcutiee at yahoo dot com.

iDad

Guru
hopefully thats not for print