What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd pattern in scanned photo

ScubaDude

My wife gave me an old photo to scan and repair, and it has an odd pattern in it due to the textured photo paper it was originally printed on. I'm pretty handy with Photoshop, but this one has me stumped. Does anybody have a clue as to how to remove this pattern? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

crop by turbodog2000, on Flickr

Hi ScubaDude

In order to get rid of that pattern, you could use the same technique used for getting rid of "
Moiré" which is the noisy pattern embedded on pictures, when scanning.

Using this technique this is what i got so far.

moire_00.jpg moire_11.jpg

As you can see there's a big difference by using only PS default filters as noise,despeckle and Gaussian blur.

This may help,
Methods for Moiré patterns

ScubaDude

Thanx for the tip, hawkeye. I used the plugins and came up with this, a big improvement.

crop-2 by turbodog2000, on Flickr

$1r_M4x1mu$, that's amazing. I'll try scanning at higher rez (I used 600 dpi, but I think my scanner goes up to 1200 or 2400), and see if the scanner has a descreen feature. Thanx for the link.